Ruisrock doesn’t tolerate racism or discrimination of any kind. In case you witness or encounter inappropriate behavior, please contact any of the security or other festival staff.
- Everyone is treated equally regardless of e.g. skin color, age, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Physical integrity is respected.
- Everyone looks after each other.
- Let’s enjoy a happy festival together where everyone feels comfortable!
- Organize a helping info team to patrol the area and guide anyone in need of help.
- Provide a space near the first aid tent of the festival where you can find someone to talk to and a peaceful place to take a breather, if you need one.
- Arrange toilet facilities for women, men, and non-binary individuals.
- Provide special services for physically disabled visitors. More information about our accessibility services can be found under accessibility.
- Create an atmosphere where everyone feels safe.
We are also involved in the Keychange initiative, by which we are committed to increasing the proportion of women and non-binary performers to at least 50% in the festival programme. We achieved our goal in 2019 and will continue to work to provide an increasingly diverse festival programme.
- Look out for your friends and fellow festival goers – dare to care!
- Interfere with any inappropriate behavior that you come across. If it’s difficult to step in, you can always contact the nearest security steward or other festival staff.
- Always ask for permission before touching someone!
- Respect different people and cultures.
- Behave according to good manners (and urge your friends to do the same).
Everyone has the right to enjoy the festival safely – make sure that you promote overall safety with your own actions.