Ruisrock doesn’t approve racism or discrimination of any kind. In case you witness or encounter unapproved behaviour, please contact any of the security or other festival staff.
Ruisrock is organized on the Ruissalo island which is mostly a protected nature reserve. It is important for Ruisrock to take care of the nature of Ruissalo, and we aim to create a setting where everyone can easily help us with this important work.
Ruisrock has joined the Ekokompassi environmental management system that can be used to develop the environmental work even more sustainable. Ekokompassi offers the tools that we can use to promote environmental protection and prevention of climate change in addition to taking responsibility for the environmental impact of the festival.
- All food vendors use only biodegradable disposables. You can throw any leftover food together with plates, cups and cutlery to the brown biodegradable waste containers, located close to the food areas.
- Aluminum cans and plastic bottles can be recycled in the recycling stations on site.
- At the recycling points you can also recycle cardboard packaging, metal, glass, cardboard, cartons and paper. Recycling stations are located on the beach and near Niittylava.
- Rest of the waste produced on the festival is mostly burnable waste, for which the area has over 100 containers.
- The serving areas have a deposit of one euro for alcoholic drink containers. This way we will be able to recycle most of the cans and will avoid unnecessary waste.